Believe it or not, 90% of women have cellulite. Though it may vary in appearance, pretty much everyone has to deal with this unsightly skin blemish. It’s just that celebrities often get it airbrushed out! If you are like most people, you don’t really care that others are suffering the same fate as you, you are just concerned with getting rid of your cellulite for good.
Do You Have Cellulite?
Cellulite can easily be identified by its appearance. These uneven fatty deposits usually show up where the body stores most of its fat. Here is a list of where you are most likely to develop cellulite:
- The stomach
- The inner thighs
- The hips
- The buttocks
- The breasts
- The upper arms
- The back
- The neck
You can usually identify cellulite by it’s dimpled and uneven look. Your skin may look lumpy in fattier areas. The good news is that this is not a harmful problem; it is merely cosmetic.
What Causes Cellulite
There are several things that could cause your body to develop cellulite. Some of these factors can be avoided while some can only be controlled. If you are looking to rid yourself of this unsightly skin issue, you should know a few of the common causes of cellulite:
- Clothing – Wearing clothing that is too tight and restricts the blood may very well cause cellulite.
- Exercise – This may seem obvious, but people who rarely exercise are far more likely to develop cellulite. This is even more true for people who sit or even stand in the same position for long periods of time throughout the day. One thing is that exercising stimulates circulation. Exercising regularly also helps reduce body fat and tone your muscles and skin. Since cellulite is caused by a formation of fat, it is common sense that exercise will help to eliminate cellulite.
- Water Retention – Water retention causes your skin to appear puffy with an uneven surface.
There are also other factors that can cause cellulite such as genetic and hormonal factors, dieting, and so forth. You can learn more at: main causes of cellulite.
Now that you know some of the causes of cellulite, you can make some lifestyle changes that will get rid or reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Getting Rid Of Cellulite
Aside from changing your eating habits and exercising more regularly, there are several things that can be done to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Cellulite treatments can be broken down into three groups, therapeutic treatments, cellulite creams and medications:
Therapeutic Treatments – These various therapies attempt to remove cellulite by either increasing blood flow or smoothing out the fat cells in your body.
- Pneumatic body massages
- Any massage that stimulates blood flow using heat
- Heat therapy
- Radio wave therapy
- Magnetic massage therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation
Medications – These drugs work to reduce cellulite by attacking fat cells or making it more difficult for the body to store fat.
- Amino acid regiments
- Ginkgo biloba supplements
- Rutin pills
- Indian chestnut supplements
Creams – Cellulite creams work by smoothing out the skin and dehydrating the moisture from that area. Since fat cells are mostly fluid, as they dry, they shrink. There are many different creams on the market: both over the counter and prescription. However, their effectiveness has been hotly debated.
Though you may not be very happy with the appearance of your skin now, there are many ways that you can reduce the appearance of your cellulite. You might also want to check out the Truth About Cellulite program.